Hot summer here, and less motivation to stay in front of the computer. However, I want to share with you a few changes I have put live recently…
There are a lot of artists connected in one way or another with Paul McCartney: they played with him, or wrote a few songs with him, or have seen one of their songs recorded by McCartney… The goal of those artist pages is to establish those relationships.
If you look at the page dedicated to Steve Miller, you can see that he has co-written a song with McCartney and has played on 3 tracks from Flaming Pie. In the near future, you will also be able to see that McCartney has played on two songs from the Steve Miller Band in 1969…
When I started this project, I didn’t intend to provide a list of tours and concerts: I felt this could be a nice addition for the future, but not a necessary feature for launch. I have changed my mind recently, for the following reasons:
- The “Up and Coming Tour” is highly popular with a lot of content posted on YouTube or Flickr;
- During those concerts, McCartney has started playing some very old tracks he rarely played live (like Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five or Ram on).
For now, there is a page for the “Up and Coming Tour” that lists all the concerts of this tour; but the concert pages are pretty empty for now..
Work in progress… so what’s next?
Now the boring part is done (doing the plumbery), the fun part will begin (adding content)! Here are the next tasks I will work on:
- Add all the Beatles songs in the song index (as a lot of them are played during concerts);
- Find a way to easily add track listings for concerts (including soundcheck track list when available) and link tracks with songs;
- Add YouTube or Flickr content to concert pages;
- Add previous tours and concerts.
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.