In June 2010, I launched and announced The Paul McCartney Project using those words:
The goal of The Paul McCartney Project is to build the most comprehensive database of music written or recorded by Paul McCartney and bring this database on the web in a way that makes all this information easy to access. I would like this project to be a collective one, building a community where each member would enhance the database with his/her specific knowledge or feelings about each album / track.
Five years after, the mission remains the same; and tons of content have been added on the site, which now lists:
- 1131 songs, written or performed by Paul,
- 657 albums, listing official and unofficial ones,
- 765 concerts, including some Radio & TV Shows.
There are many other sites or initiatives which share similar goals, but here are some features that makes it truly unique in our minds:
- Mixing all type of releases (official recordings, collaborations, bootlegs) in an easy to browse fashion
- All song details on a single page, for released & unreleased songs
- Accurate & exhaustive concert setlists, including soundchecks
- Cover the entire career of Paul from the Beatles to now
- Nice looking design (at least we hope so!), no ads, can be browsed on mobile devices
In terms of traffic on the site, or user engagement, there is still a lot to do ! But we would like to thank our (almost) 1000 friends on Facebook, and you who posted incredible comments on the site (here, there and a bit of everywhere).
Last updated on September 2, 2015
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.