Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
In June 2010, I launched and announced The Paul McCartney Project using those words:
The goal of The Paul McCartney Project is to build the most comprehensive database of music written or recorded by Paul McCartney and bring this database on the web in a way that makes all this information easy to access. I would like this project to be a collective one, building a community where each member would enhance the database with his/her specific knowledge or feelings about each album / track.
Five years after, the mission remains the same; and tons of content have been added on the site, which now lists:
- 1131 songs, written or performed by Paul,
- 657 albums, listing official and unofficial ones,
- 765 concerts, including some Radio & TV Shows.
There are many other sites or initiatives which share similar goals, but here are some features that makes it truly unique in our minds:
- Mixing all type of releases (official recordings, collaborations, bootlegs) in an easy to browse fashion
- All song details on a single page, for released & unreleased songs
- Accurate & exhaustive concert setlists, including soundchecks
- Cover the entire career of Paul from the Beatles to now
- Nice looking design (at least we hope so!), no ads, can be browsed on mobile devices
In terms of traffic on the site, or user engagement, there is still a lot to do ! But we would like to thank our (almost) 1000 friends on Facebook, and you who posted incredible comments on the site (here, there and a bit of everywhere).
Last updated on May 2, 2019