- Timeline More from year 2004
- Red Square
- RS 03
This album has been recorded during the following studio sessions
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
From liner notes:
Now that he had helped Ringo attempt to resuscitate his recording career, it was time for Paul to figure out the next move of his own. With the (apparent) help of Denny Laine on some songs, he laid down several demos for a projected new LP project that would reunite him with George Martin. An August 1980 compilation of demos was prepared for George consisting of old and new material for consideration for the upcoming LP project.
The running order of the tape was as follow:
- Seems Like Old Times
- Ballroom Dancing
- Take It Away
- Turkey And Peacock (perhaps an early version of Peacocks)
- It’s As Simple As That (Tremolo Cello)
- Robber Riff
- We All Stand Together
- Stiff Tracks (most likely Boil Crisis and Give Us A Chord Roy which were much like the tunes being released by Stiff Records at the time)
- Keep Under Cover
- Average Person
- The Unbelievable Experience
- Stop, You Don’t Know Where She Came From
- Ebony And Ivory
While some of the songs (Ballroom Dancing, Take It Away) were particularly strong, some of the tunes Paul submitted (The Unbelievable Experience, Boil Crisis) were bad enough to force George to tell Paul to scrap them and write more; this he did. In 1995, excerpts of several tracks were aired on various episodes of Oobu Joobu, and although they were in superb quality, all of the airings were incomplete.
Last updated on January 21, 2011