- Album Songs recorded during this session officially appear on the Abbey Road LP.
- Trident Studios, London, UK
More from year 1969
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
- Take 9 was used for the first part of the song, as John Lennon’s vocal on this take was considered to be the best.
- Take 20 was used for the middle section.
- Take 32 was used for the rest of the song.
This master take would receive overdubs in the months to follow. Some overdubs would be added the following day, February 24, but those efforts would be dropped.
Last updated on November 27, 2021
The definitive guide for every Beatles recording sessions from 1962 to 1970.
We owe a lot to Mark Lewisohn for the creation of those session pages, but you really have to buy this book to get all the details - the number of takes for each song, who contributed what, a description of the context and how each session went, various photographies... And an introductory interview with Paul McCartney!
If we like to think, in all modesty, that the Paul McCartney Project is the best online ressource for everything Paul McCartney, The Beatles Bible is for sure the definitive online site focused on the Beatles. There are obviously some overlap in terms of content between the two sites, but also some major differences in terms of approach.