Maclen Ltd is formed

Wednesday, January 27, 1965

Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.

About

The music publishing company Maclen Limited was formed on this day, with John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Brian Epstein as directors.

Several years later, Lennon and McCartney would become co-owners (80% was owned by Lennon and McCartney, the remaining 20% by NEMS) of a company formed on 4 February 1965 known as Maclen Music Ltd. Even though Lennon and McCartney were signed to Northern Songs, Maclen “licensed” the rights to publish Lennon and McCartney songs to Northern Songs and collected the writer’s share of the publishing royalties on behalf of Lennon and McCartney from Northern Songs.

Granados, Stefan. Those Were The Days 2.0 (p. 18). Cherry Red Books. Kindle Edition.

Last updated on November 11, 2021

The Beatles Diary Volume 1: The Beatles Years

"With greatly expanded text, this is the most revealing and frank personal 30-year chronicle of the group ever written. Insider Barry Miles covers the Beatles story from childhood to the break-up of the group."

We owe a lot to Barry Miles for the creation of those pages, but you really have to buy this book to get all the details - a day to day chronology of what happened to the four Beatles during the Beatles years!

Contribute!

Have you spotted an error on the page? Do you want to suggest new content? Or do you simply want to leave a comment ? Please use the form below!

Your comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.