Feb 07, 2019
May 04, 2018
Jun 16, 2017
Feb 26, 2014
Jan 26, 2014
Nov 27, 2013
Feb 10, 2013
Feb 13, 2011
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
At the 56th Grammy Awards, Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Song, for “Cut Me Some Slack“.
I blame Johnny Depp. Because he’d just given me this little cigar box guitar, which I was wildly excited about, so I took it along [to the studio].Paul McCartney – from Forbes, February 5, 2014 – taking to journalists at the Staples Center, when getting a Grammy Award for “Cut Me Some Slack”
In total, Paul McCartney was nominated for and won five Grammy Awards during that night:
- “Best Rock Song” for “Cut Me Some Slack” which he co-wrote with Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear (the documentary “Sound City: Reel to Real” featuring Paul McCartney also won the Best Compilation Soundtrack).
- “Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package” for the 2013 “Wings Over America” re-issue.
- “Best Surround Sound Album” for “Live Kisses“.
- “Best Music Film” for “Live Kisses“.
- And The Beatles had received the “Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award“ the night before.
Paul McCartney also performed during the ceremony, playing “Queenie Eye” with Ringo Starr.
Last updated on November 14, 2020