- Album Songs recorded during this session officially appear on the McCartney III Official album.
- Timeline More from year 2020
- Hog Hill Studio, Rye, UK
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
“McCartney III” was released at home, in Paul McCartney’s Hog Hill Mill studio, during the lockdown imposed by the UK government to face the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
I was living lockdown life on my farm with my family and I would go to my studio every day. I had to do a little bit of work on some film music and that turned into the opening track and then when it was done I thought what will I do next? I had some stuff I’d worked on over the years but sometimes time would run out and it would be left half-finished so I started thinking about what I had. Each day I’d start recording with the instrument I wrote the song on and then gradually layer it all up, it was a lot of fun. It was about making music for yourself rather than making music that has to do a job. So, I just did stuff I fancied doing. I had no idea this would end up as an album.Paul McCartney, from the “McCartney III” press release
The following photo composition has been used to promote “McCartney III“. It was published on social networks with details on some instruments used by Paul for the recording of this album:
- 1st photo, from Instagram: “Listen out for a vintage sound on #McCartneyIII… Paul plays a Kay M1 upright bass previously owned by Bill Black of Elvis Presley’s original trio“
- 2nd photo, from Instagram: “Paul plays a 5 piece Ludwig drum kit on new album #McCartneyIII, plus a Black Beauty snare, DW piccolo snare and selection of Zildjian cymbals“
- 3rd photo, from Instagram: “Made in “Rockdown” at Paul’s home studio in Sussex, ‘McCartney III’ features an array of vintage instruments including a 1954 Fender Telecaster“