- Timeline See what happened in November 2014
- UK release date:
- Nov 03, 2014
- US release date:
- Nov 04, 2014
- Concord Music Group
Spread the love! If you like what you are seeing, share it on social networks and let others know about The Paul McCartney Project.
Studio version • A
- Paul McCartney:
- Alan O'Duffy:
- Mixing engineer, Recording engineer
- Biff Dawes:
- Assistant mixing engineer
In 2014 the album is set to be re-issued by Hear Music/Concord Music Group as part of the fifth set of releases, alongside Wings at the Speed of Sound, in the Paul McCartney Archive Collection. It was released in multiple formats:
- Standard Edition 2-CD; the original 13-track album on the first disc, plus 14 bonus tracks on a second disc.
- Deluxe Edition 2-CD/1-DVD;
- the original 13-track #1 album remastered at Abbey Road Studios in London;
- a bonus audio disc with 14 tracks including the hit single “Junior’s Farm” and rare and previously unreleased songs;
- a 128 page numbered hardbound book featuring new interview with Paul McCartney, rare and previously unpublished photographs by Linda McCartney and Aubrey Powell (entitled “Nashville Diary 1975”), inserts of archive material (including a facsimile of Paul’s original handwritten lyric “scroll”), expanded track-by-track annotation and full history of the album, a deck pass “Paul and Linda McCartney – Venus and Mars”, a complete illustrated history of the making of Venus and Mars and a poster and a flyer “Wings in concert at Elstree”;
- a DVD featuring previously unreleased and exclusive content including the original TV commercial for the album (directed by Karel Reisz), footage of the band in New Orleans (“Recording My Carnival” and “Bon Voyageur”) and rehearsing the songs from Venus and Mars at Elstree Studios (“Wings At Elstree”);
- an access to downloadable 24bit 96 kHz high-resolution audio versions of the remastered album and bonus audio tracks.
- Remastered vinyl The albums will also be available on special gatefold vinyl editions (vinyl editions include a download card).
- High Resolution Digital album will be made available as both standard and deluxe versions – including Mastered for iTunes and Hi-Res formats.